LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL - Louis Jordan and the Birth of Rhythm and Blues
This new CD by one of modern music’s dynamic icons features many of Louis Jordan’s classic hits and also traces the progress of his career from his earliest appearances on record. It’s essential listening for those who want to hear the great vocalist/saxophonist at his best and learn what led to a transitional time in popular music and the present-day acclaim of Jordan’s music by a fresh generation. Guest artists Ella Fitzgerald, Bing Crosby and Louis Armstrong are featured and a detailed booklet is included written by the eminent Michael Pointon.
1. Louis Jordan and his Tympany Five
2. Clarence Williams and his Orchestra
3. Chick Webb and his Orchestra
4. Rodney Sturgis with Louis Jordan's Elkas Rendevous Band
5-26 Louis Jordan and his Tympany Five
1. Let The Good Times Roll
2. I Can't Dance, I Got Ants in my Pants
3. Rusty Hinge
4. Toodle-Loo On Down
5. Keep A-Knockin'
6. You Run Your Mouth and I'll Run My Business
7. Never Let Your Left Hand Know What Your Right Hand's Doing
8. A Chicken Ain't Nothin' But A Bird
9. I'm Gonna Move to the Outskirts of Town
10. Five Guys Named Moe
11. It's A Low Down Dirty Shame
12. Is You Is Or Is You Ain't My Baby?
13. Your Socks Don't Match
14. Caldonia Boogie
16. Choo Choo Ch-Boogie
17. Ain't That Just Like A Woman?
18. That Chick's Too Young To Fly
19. Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens
20. Jack You're Dead
22. Open The Door, Richard
23. Cole Slaw
24. Saturday Night Fish Fry
25. Baby, It's Cold Outside
26. I'll Be Glad When You're Dead, You Rascal You